This is a project to allow Symbian Series 60 phones to act as embedded remote controller for RC platforms such as car, tank, UAV, etc. Below is my first incarnation of this, I call it the Nrover. Specs include:
- Live, low-latency video feed over AT&T US 3G network — 500msec latency using specially developed low-latency client/server based on Movino.
- Special wide-angle lens adapter to give better field of view for remote driving
- 4200mah battery for long trips.
- Servo controller controls electronic speed controller and brake-based steering system from phone.
- Working on software-based PID feedback loop in order to hold a specified heading
- Thanks to the pys60 dev team at Nokia! You guys rule.
- Click on the picture for full size.